Question and sugestion

Discusse how to create new modules using tools from MDK, indexing of audio files and user notes

Question and sugestion

Postby DSaw » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi
Davar team

in MDK you show TXT files to create module can other file types be used

is there any plan to create an app for creating modules with WYSIWYG

eSword has a third party module creation tool called ToolTIp Tool T4 this is the latest version eSword library grew and eSword popularity grew with it

eSword has some draw backs that Davar does not have BUT Davar does not have the library eSWord does

I created a module for eSword that I tried to create a module for Davar but my file was in RTF when I saved it as TXT all the RTF formatting was lost

DSaw
DSaw

Re: Question and sugestion

Postby admin » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello DSaw,

first, you should to know that eSword and Davar uses different way to display text. AFAIK, ES module uses RTF as "native" format of text in module. So, generally, it can use ANY feature of RTF directly, just typing in Word and save file. Davar uses different approach - data are plain text and some special (biblical) features are in this plain text inserted as tags. So, if you insert e.g. |RH123|Rh, then Hebrew Strong# 123 is displayed => when this data are red from disk or SQLite database, it is CONVERTED to RTF format and displayed in RichEdit window (ES and Davar uses this same windows dll). This Davar method brings pros and cons... we can discusse how to do things better, but it is very hard to change this unless rewrite most of the program.... about 150 000 lines of C.

System of tags covers most things, which needs to be in biblical program. If someone create fancy text with many kinds of formatting, coloring, fonts etc.... it is not possible to convert it fully to Davar. But I believe, all IMPORTANT (from bible view) informations, like references, Strong#, notes, variants of text, mix of HE+GR, morphology etc... can be presented.

If your text is possible to publish in Davar, I welcome cooperation and even in my limited time, I can help or learn you how to convert - second is better ;-). If (c) is not problem, send me your text, I will look on that. My desire is, of course to offer a lot of study text for all Davar users, always for free.

Thanks

Josef
admin
Site Admin

Postby DSaw » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:56 pm

admin wrote:Hello DSaw,

first, you should to know that eSword and Davar uses different way to display text. AFAIK, ES module uses RTF as "native" format of text in module. So, generally, it can use ANY feature of RTF directly, just typing in Word and save file. Davar uses different approach - data are plain text and some special (biblical) features are in this plain text inserted as tags. So, if you insert e.g. |RH123|Rh, then Hebrew Strong# 123 is displayed => when this data are red from disk or SQLite database, it is CONVERTED to RTF format and displayed in RichEdit window (ES and Davar uses this same windows dll). This Davar method brings pros and cons... we can discusse how to do things better, but it is very hard to change this unless rewrite most of the program.... about 150 000 lines of C.

Josef

actually before T4 tooltip tool NT esword module compilers used txt with mark ups You call them tags and then complied the text into a module T4 is a "what you see is what youi get" module complier I hope I'm using the word compile correctly

I wouldn't what you to change your code to be like eSword from what I'm seeing I maybe switching from eSword to Davar

System of tags covers most things, which needs to be in biblical program. If someone create fancy text with many kinds of formatting, coloring, fonts etc.... it is not possible to convert it fully to Davar. But I believe, all IMPORTANT (from bible view) informations, like references, Strong#, notes, variants of text, mix of HE+GR, morphology etc... can be presented.

what about Greek extended an private use section of a font for example in TITUS cyberbit basic (TTF) there is

Greek and Coptic
Greek extended
Private use

would all these characters be displayable

If your text is possible to publish in Davar, I welcome cooperation and even in my limited time, I can help or learn you how to convert - second is better ;-). If (c) is not problem, send me your text, I will look on that. My desire is, of course to offer a lot of study text for all Davar users, always for free.

Thanks

Josef

G2
Ἀαρών
(Heb. H175), indecl. (in FlJ, -ῶνος),
Aaron (Exo_4:14, al.):
Luk_1:5, Act_7:40, Heb_5:4; Heb_7:11; Heb_9:4.

took me a couple tries

here is strong's number 2
from A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament that took me at least a year to transfer from PDF

with the current Davar module creation method I would have to markup (TAG) all of these

Italic
Bold
Greek
Hebrew
References
and colors?
Strongs numbers

I know this is not the full list but all on this list would need tagged correct
DSaw

Postby admin » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:44 am

If I understand well and G2 is sample of your data, it can be transfer in to D4 without big limitations. Only color tags are not (yet) supported, but rest is OK. For this data, I recommend to create lexicon module, keyed according GR Strong#. You can look to AHLB lexicon, which is similar, but for Hebrew.
All depends, in which format you have your data, of course text with markups is easier to convert. Send me data file to mail, to explore and suggest next steps...

DSaw wrote:G2
Ἀαρών

took me a couple tries

here is strong's number 2
from A Manual Greek Lexicon of the New Testament that took me at least a year to transfer from PDF

with the current Davar module creation method I would have to markup (TAG) all of these

Italic
Bold
Greek
Hebrew
References
and colors?
Strongs numbers

I know this is not the full list but all on this list would need tagged correct
admin
Site Admin

Postby DSaw » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi

can you show me how this Strong's entry would look in davar4's data.txt file

G2
Ἀαρών

DSaw
DSaw

Postby admin » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:05 am

Best way is to get some DAVAR Greek LEXICON (e.g. STRIPD_GR) and export it to files as source from MDK. Those 2 files can be then directly compiled back using D4LEX program from mdk.

Here is your record aaron from this lex, exported:

Code: Select all
|SKΑαρων|Sk|SH0|TGΑαρων|Tg|Sh0|SH1|TIah-ar-ohn'|Ti|Sh1|SH2|RG2|Rg|Sh2|SH3of Hebrew origin |RH175|Rh; Aaron, the brother of Moses:--Aaron.  |RH0175|Rh|Sh3|SH4 |TRTDNT-1:3,1|Tr Proper Name Masculine|Sh4|SH5|Sh5|TL  Aaron = "light-bringer" |TL |TL 1) the brother of Moses, the first high priest of Israel and head of the whole priestly order

So, it is good to little study tag marks, briefly: |SK (and |Sk, last char is always small in tags) is for keyword Aaron
|TG switch to GR, |TH switc to HE
|SH0 (1/2/3) is text in headers
|RG2|Rg is GR Strong#2
|TL is tag for new line (olso |C is possible)
reference can be inserted eg: |RROTGen:1:1|Rr for Gen 1:1
|TR raised text
|TB bold
|TI italic

If you plan to convert your data, you can send me file (or sample) to see possibilities how to do. I often write some macros (notepad++ editor or AWK) which simplify this a lot.

[quote="DSaw"
G2
Ἀαρών
admin
Site Admin

Return to Davar4 - Module Development Kit (MDK)