context tip module issue

Last version of DAVAR is now in public betaversion. Here you can report bugs and share ideas how to improve program

context tip module issue

Postby DSaw » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi
Davar4 team

very well made still discovering Davar4's abilities

1. No help file when hitting F1 this may be do to the fact it's in beta but thought I would mention it anyway

2. I have Mathew Henry loaded when I hover over references in MHC they show MHC in the context window but in context tips options I have KJV+.dbk selected should not the KJV verse reference be displayed? I'm still discovering Davar4 have I missed something

3 Not a bug: Can Davar show inline references and notes in a bible modules as a context tip window

I hope 3. makes sense

DSaw
DSaw

Re: context tip module issue

Postby admin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 am

1. No help file when hitting F1 this may be do to the fact it's in beta but thought I would mention it anyway

It is mentioned in D4beta2 installation and you have choice to install (old) D3 help which can help you too. F1 press is the working. Davar4 help is under construction, but I had to fix some issues on installation (Win10) and placing data files to proper foders (will be in D4beta3). Also, new feature: Layouts is under construction.

2. I have Mathew Henry loaded when I hover over references in MHC they show MHC in the context window but in context tips options I have KJV+.dbk selected should not the KJV verse reference be displayed? I'm still discovering Davar4 have I missed something

In options/Context tip, you can specify which module will be used for preview of reference. (kjv+ as default). But, you can also check (if wish!) "Use actual book if possible". It means, in MHC you will see mhc in tip, if checked. Some people wanted to have this option. IMHO, it is good idea to have this choice, to see tip reference from same book.

ALSO, when you use right mouse button in book window, you will see command: Use book XXXX in context tip preview. Here you can really quickly change default book for tip preview, if necessary. Try it!

3 Not a bug: Can Davar show inline references and notes in a bible modules as a context tip window

I hope 3. makes sense

Context tip for references is only for books. It is not too hard to create book module from texts, look to \mdk directory. I do not know what you mean by inline references - is it for example Treasury of the Scripture Knowledge module? Other modules can be opened in second window (e.g. notes, writings) and double click in book will synchronise what is possible...

DSaw[/quote]
admin
Site Admin

Postby DSaw » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:57 pm

admin wrote:1. No help file when hitting F1 this may be do to the fact it's in beta but thought I would mention it anyway

It is mentioned in D4beta2 installation and you have choice to install (old) D3 help which can help you too. F1 press is the working. Davar4 help is under construction, but I had to fix some issues on installation (Win10) and placing data files to proper foders (will be in D4beta3). Also, new feature: Layouts is under construction.

In options/Context tip, you can specify which module will be used for preview of reference. (kjv+ as default). But, you can also check (if wish!) "Use actual book if possible". It means, in MHC you will see mhc in tip, if checked. Some people wanted to have this option. IMHO, it is good idea to have this choice, to see tip reference from same book.

ALSO, when you use right mouse button in book window, you will see command: Use book XXXX in context tip preview. Here you can really quickly change default book for tip preview, if necessary. Try it!

I hope 3. makes sense

Context tip for references is only for books. It is not too hard to create book module from texts, look to \mdk directory. I do not know what you mean by inline references - is it for example Treasury of the Scripture Knowledge module? Other modules can be opened in second window (e.g. notes, writings) and double click in book will synchronise what is possible...

DSaw
[/quote]

"Also, new feature: Layouts is under construction."

If this means you can set up a layout of certain books for a study save that layout and when you come back just click on the saved layout and all the books load and in the same configuration. YEA! thumbs up

"Use actual book if possible"

I deselected this and it works like I want it to now Thank you I thought I was just missing something

an inline reference in a bible is when you have a reference(s) after the verse but before the next verse

I have not looked at MDK much. but I will be wanting to create some modules

DSaw
DSaw

Postby admin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:21 pm

"Also, new feature: Layouts is under construction."

If this means you can set up a layout of certain books for a study save that layout and when you come back just click on the saved layout and all the books load and in the same configuration. YEA! thumbs up

Yes, exactly. User can save up to 10 layouts and select desired from one menu, probably one rebar band will be added to toolbar too. Small dialog for managing layouts is done. Each layout can store up to 30 windows positions. Just some time, will be in D4beta3 ;)
admin
Site Admin

Return to Davar4 - BUG REPORTS