Davar4 Suggestions

Here you can discusse how to use DAVAR, tips and tricks

Davar4 Suggestions

Postby ottovonfrankfurt » Tue May 26, 2015 7:03 am

I just downloaded the Davar4 Beta1 zip and then a couple of modules and I'm very impressed.
These may be things you have on your "to do" list, but I thought I would share.
I don't really see them as bugs, but more as preferences.

While downloading modules I noticed if I check modules for download or update, and then check or uncheck "Sort by date", I loose all the check marks placed in the "State" boxes. This might be a real bug, depending on how you're maintaining the checked state.

My preference would be to sort by clicking the main headings, allowing each main column to be sorted ascending or descending versus the sort by date check box.

Also I think a nice addition would be another column to contain the language(s) that the module is written in. Possibly something like Gk, Gk-En, Heb, Hb-Cz, Hb-En, etc... for whatever would be some standard or recognizable language descriptors, and then of course, be able to sort that column.

Like I said, I'm very impressed and glad to see unicode support.
I'll continue using it and let you know what I see.

Otto
ottovonfrankfurt

Re: Davar4 Suggestions

Postby admin » Tue May 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Hello Otto,

First, glad you try D4 and see it as a good tool. Remember, it is beta1.
Your suggestions are reasonable, but there are lot,lot more things which are serious bugs or problems and I will be focused there first, because lower usability of program. As uoy suggested, I put this into TODO queue to not forget it.

Thanks for feedback and testing.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ottovonfrankfurt » Wed May 27, 2015 4:58 am

Yes, I fully understand it's initial beta. I program a bit myself and also understand this is a massive undertaking.

What I see is a beautiful system in the making. If I did not, I wouldn't even care to comment.

Please don't take my comments to be negative.
I don't expect everything I suggest to be incorporated in Davar4, or even considered for that matter.
I do expect that you are aware of some of it (probably most, if not all of it).
In that case I'm just verifying that my system also responds as you might already expect.

My intention is to point out what I feel might be improvements, but you may not think so.
They may also be only a slight benefit for the effort required to code them, again you must decide.

But oftentimes I find if I have a good todo list, I can accomplish several things when rewriting a module or subroutine.
It's often harder, even more than double work to go back and add something that might have been incorporated in the first place. Then later, maybe someone suggests ...why didn't you do this ...and I have no good answer.

I will continue to post the things I see in hope that it will be beneficial to the development.
My small efforts, even when I'm wrong, should be taken in that light. But I will try to be precise about what I am seeing.

Otto
ottovonfrankfurt

Postby yeshuayhwh » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:42 pm

www.biblesupport.com/topic/7528-davar4-beta2/

I wanted to tell you thank you for this excellent program I started a thread at the above link to share
this with others who have the same in depth study habits and who make modules and help develop
other excellent programs also so drop by and keep us up to date

praise YAH in the highest
yeshuayhwh

Postby admin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello yeshuayhwh,

thank for all positive words, adressed to Davar, I'm really happy that you found it usefull - that is THE purpose, help other to study/understand/obey. Very interesting thread about D4 and user interface... generally, Davar4 wants to follow great Bible software named Theophilos, which developmen was discontinued. Same interface. I believe, there are users which found this layout usefull, while other prefer many tabs like in esword. I have in mind somehow (optionally) use tabs, but it will need more time to grow...

For now (and coming d4 beta3) there are layouts - up to 10 "bookmarks" with opened window layouts. You can switch quickly, so hope productivity of work with D4 will be even better.

English help (chm file) is under heavy development...and one guy promised proof reading. When done, beta3 will be out.

BTW, RHB4 module is just now available in download manager
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:35 am

Nejde. Podtržení textu je reservovaný atribut pro různé druhy referencí a to by program popletlo.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Davar4 - User experiences